Saturday 14 May 2016

may 11 playlist (songs for my mom):

abraham brun - mimisrach shemesh (cantorials)
jimmy smith - back at the chicken shack (back at the chicken shack)
billy preston - lowdown (the most exciting organ ever)
james booker - cross my heart (single)
dolly parton - coat of many colors (coat of many colors)
the mustang - tennessee waltz frug (organ freakout)
mudcrutch - orphan of the storm (mudcrutch)
brinsley schwarz - i won't make it without you (please don't ever change)
franz-josef maier, franz lehrndorfer, konrad junghanel & max engel - sonata in d minor: prelude (biber: the rosary sonatas)
rainer oster - magnificat primi toni, buxwv 203 (buxtehude: organ works vol. 1)
the velvet underground - pale blue eyes (the velvet underground)
van morrison - call me up in dreamland (his band and the street choir)
the deep dark woods - sugar mama (the place i left behind)
the late, great mama organ grinder aka valerie weinlos with her beloved husband, my dad, rod hartfeil. obviously i could never do a complete tribute to my mom in one mere hour of radio. my entire life will have to suffice.

No comments:

Post a Comment